Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Watch Me Grow as I Learn

Learning My Way
By Jean Feldman

When I listen to a story or look at books each day,
I’m learning to read in my own special way.
When I sing a song or say a rhyme,
My listening skills will develop on time.
The small muscles I use when I work a puzzle or play with clay
Will help me to write a sentence one day.
When I jump, wiggle, and run the day long,
My muscles and body are growing strong.
When I put away my toys or pass out snacks at school,
I’m really doing my math, too.
Making bubbles in the tub or looking at the sky
Will develop my scientific skills by and by.
My coloring, painting, and gluing may look like a mess,
But they all encourage my creative best.
When you read to me, talk, and listen, too,
I’ll learn to love books and language, it’s true.
Holding me close, hugs, and quality time,
Show me that you’re glad you’re mine.
When you accept me for who I am and cherish what I do,
I’ll learn to love others and respect them, too.
As you give me choices and let me go,
Into an independent adult I will grow.
Every minute of every new and exciting day,
I’m learning and growing in my own special way.

No comments:

Post a Comment